Wednesday, November 17, 2010

David ...

1. David (4 1/2 years old) unknowingly created (and often uses!) a new helpful word: "butcept." Here is an example of its usage in context: "I have used all the crayons butcept the green one." Why choose between "but" and "except" when you can combine them?!?

2. Depends or Pretends? In a conversation about what time we eat breakfast, David explained, "What time I eat breakfast pretends when I get up." :-)

3. David and K'nex are a fabulous fit! He discovered them today -- and he did a super job following the directions, choosing the pieces, putting them together and making his "Spy Plane!" How cool is that?! I see hours of wonderful afternoon "quiet time!" Fantastic! :-)














4. "I not matter." David's got it figured out - "I not matter." What he means is "It doesn't matter to me." But there is some real wisdom in his statement, "I not matter." I pray this becomes a selfless statement from his heart (and mine!) - that he doesn't matter in comparison to God's glory or to the needs/preferences of others.

No comments: