Monday, October 15, 2007

Have you ever eaten turtle?

- Jessica Writing

Tonight we hosted date night at our home. We watch kids from 5:30-8:30 pm once a month, and the other three families watch them the other weeks of the month. We watch 11 kids for three hours and get nine hours of dates! :-)

A highlight tonight was eating turtle. Yep. Real live turtle. Well, I guess "real dead cooked cut up" turtle! ;-) But it used to be live! Our neighbor "Mr. Steve" had two snapping turtles from a friend. We saw them alive in his 55 gal buckets. Then we saw their shells after he cleaned them.
And tonight we snacked on the meat!

The kids LOVED it!! Eric kept asking for more "chicken" please. :-) We had a big plate of little bite-sized pieces and each child had a tooth pick. And they ate A LOT of turtle!!! Thanks, Mr. Steve!

1 comment:

Morello Madness said...

Savannah says, "I haven't eaten turtle before, but I see them all the time in the restaurants! I wish I could have been there!"