Saturday, October 20, 2007

Quotes from Daniel

- Jessica writing -

From the mind of a three year old boy...

Monster -
Earlier this week, Daniel said, "Mom (urgency!), I have to go stinkies really badly, (pause) like a monster!" Wow!

Superhero -
I had to re-plant our front flowers this week. As many jobs do, this one took longer than expected. So, I was finishing after dusk, when it was fairly dark. Daniel looked out the front door and said, "Mom, you are like a superhero!" Joseph asked him, "in what way?" He said, "They go out in the dark!" Interesting reasoning, but I'll be my son's superhero any day! ;-)

Soccer -
Daniel "really really really really really " wants to play soccer and football. Lots of life is filtered though these lenses. A neighbor heard him talking about this and told him that there is a soccer team for 3-year-olds in a league that the city has. You can imagine his excitement at this possibility! We told him we'd talk about it in February.

So, now his routine question is, "Mom, when are we going to talk about me playing soccer? I forgot." "In February, Daniel." "Mom, in February, after we talk about me playing soccer, if you think it is a good idea, can I get soccer shoes?"

It continues ... we were buying socks, "Mom, are these the kind of sock I wear when I play soccer?"


"Mom, when I play on a soccer team, I'm going to run so fast nobody can catch me." I'm sure you will, Daniel, and I'll be there to cheer you on, "That's my boy!!" :-)




No comments: