Monday, November 10, 2008

Conversations with Daniel - Marriage Concerns

- Jessica -

4-year-old Daniel was having a snack at our kitchen table with Grammy (my mom) and I was doing dishes. Out of the blue Daniel said, "What if I ask some ladies to marry me and they all say no?"

Grammy wisely took his concern seriously and encouraged him that if God wants him to get married, He will provide a godly wife for Daniel, and that he doesn't need to think about that yet.

Daniel replied with a solution to the problem, "I guess I could marry a dog or a cat ... Or I could just marry a man!"

Grammy calmly explained that God designed for a man to marry a lady, not another man.

Daniel said, "Yeah, that would be silly for me to marry a man."

Grammy elaborated that it would be more than silly, it would be sinful for him to marry a man.

After letting that idea soak in for a couple seconds, Daniel moved on to some other subject -- Bikes, Diggers, more snack ...


Whew! Sincere deep life concerns and lessons at the kitchen table!

No comments: