Saturday, September 25, 2010

David makes us smile!

David makes us smile!

1. Today I was helping David clean his room. I asked him to hand me the box for dinosaurs. He smiled a smirky little grin, and he very slowly and deliberately replied in his cute 4-year-old voice, "With pleasure!" :-)

2. When a person wants another person to do something for him, most people say, "Could you please ..." For example, "Could you please help me?" Not David. He says, "May I please you ..." "May I please you help me?" :-)

3. David and Daniel have jobs/chores in our home. Yesterday Daniel cleaned the bathroom, and today he needed to empty all the trash cans, bake brownies, and fold socks/underwear. Sometimes the socks are wearisome for him. Today we made a race - I needed to clean the kitchen and he needed to do socks. Competition always motivates him! "I don't get distracted," I challenged him.

In the middle of our race, Daniel was doing things like asking me to come see his piles and stacks, luring me away from the kitchen. When the timer for his brownies beeped, I taunted him that he better come check his brownies so they don't burn. Reluctantly he came to the kitchen and we checked the doneness of the brownies.

While Daniel came to the kitchen, sneaky little David hid Daniel's basket of socks!!! It was HILARIOUS! We all laughed and laughed. The socks were no where to be found! Thanks for helping me, David! :-) We finally discovered the basket in David and Daniel's closet.

No comments: